Get in touch and sign up to our mailing list.
We will respond to your message as soon as possible.
For general enquiries and group, school or corporate bookings, this will usually be within one or two working days.
If you would like to write to us, please address all letters to Royal Engineers Museum, Brompton Barracks, CHATHAM, Kent, ME4 4UG.
The Museum will be closed for the holidays between December 20th & January 4th. Our doors will close at 5pm (last entry at 4pm) December 19th and reopen at 10am on January 5th.
Our research and enquiry service is now open. Please see our Research guidelines for more information.
Please note that all research must begin with an emailed enquiry.
Our team of curators and volunteers will then assess your enquiry and contact you with a number of options. These will be:
A Research Visit to the accessible Pasley Research Room. This provides a rare opportunity to study original material and includes a visit to the Museum. Our team of curators and volunteers will be on hand to advise you with your research.
This costs £5.00 on top of the usual Museum entrance prices and bookings MUST be made in advance.
The Enquiries Service where Museum staff or volunteers will undertake up to 2 hours research for a fee of £25.00. Please note that this service can get very busy and it may be a number of months before we are able to provide information.
Further advice on alternative sources of information if we do not hold what you require.
We are happy to announce that our Donations service has reopened and we are able to accept new objects into our Collection.
If following sat nav directions please use postcode ME7 1UR or enter “Prince Arthur Road, Gillingham”. The Museum is signposted from most major roads into Medway.
- From London: A2 to Dover (Junction 1) A289, Medway Tunnel, Right Towards Brompton, Right into Prince Arthur Road. Museum is on the right near the top of the road.
- From North of the Thames: M25 – Dartford Crossing, (Junction 2) A2 to Dover then as above.
- From the South West: M25 to Dartford (Junction 5) M26-M20 to Dover/Folkestone, (Junction 5) A229-A230 to Chatham
- From Dover: A2-M2 to London, (Junction 3) A229-A230 to Chatham.
- From Chatham Centre: Take the A231 (Dock Road) to Gillingham, follow the A231 into Wood Street, at the roundabout, turn left at the traffic into Prince Arthur Road (B2004). The entrance to the Museum is on the left.
- From Gillingham Centre: Take the A231 (Brompton Road), turn right at the traffic lights into Prince Arthur Road (B2004).
Many of the Arriva bus services stop at the top of Prince Arthur Road at the King Charles Hotel including the 101 (Maidstone Service), and 182. The 156 stops outside the Museum by Mid Kent College. Please see the Arriva website for more information.
There are direct rail connections from London St Pancras (High Speed Service – 45mins), London Victoria, London Charing Cross, and Dover Priory/ Canterbury. The closest railway stations are Gillingham or Chatham. Please see National Rail Enquiries or Southeastern for full details of train services.
From Gillingham Station, the Museum is a twenty minute walk through the high street to the Museum (sign posted). A taxi rank is available next to the station.
Buses run from both Chatham and Gillingham stations to close to the Museum – please see the Arriva website for more information.
Follow us on Twitter
Day one done! Thank you to everyone who came today, we hope you had a wonderful time. In the light of the government’s announcements...