We will shortly begin to move back into the main Museum building to prepare for re-opening later this year. During this time, enquiries and Library visits will be suspended from March until May. We will also be unable to take donations of objects for this period, in order to safeguard new collections.
Our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
- Check we hold the correct material: Make an Enquiry to check if the material you want to see is available.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
- Make an appointment: Access to the Library and Archive is by appointment only and we ask for two weeks notice. Please contact the Museum prior to your visit. Provide as much detail as possible on the nature of your enquiry.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
- If you are Unable to visit yourself: You can hire a professional researcher to undertake the work on your behalf. The researcher must still enquire and book an appointment with us. Disclaimer: these researchers are in no way affiliated to REMLA, and the organisation can take no responsibility for any arrangements that you may make with them.
HIRE A RESEARCHER
- Please park in the Overflow Car Park (Map), or dedicated parking spaces in the King Charles Hotel (you will need to collect a pass from the Bridge Study Centre), and report to the Bridge Study Centre reception.
- All Library and Archive visitors will be signed in and then escorted to the Library and Archive which is situated inside Brompton Barracks (about a 5-10min walk)
- Please bring with you photo ID and proof of address
- Please note that while wheelchair access to the library is currently not available alternative arrangements can be made.
- No food or drink is allowed in the Library and Archive
Opening Times and Prices:
- The Library is open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (9:30-16:30 closed between 1-2)
- The entrance price is included with the Museum entrance fee (valid for 12 months with Gift Aid).
- Charges apply for photocopying and reproduction of any material
- A pencil, paper and a camera
Please remember that the Royal Engineers Museum Library and Archive is a registered charity. Profits gained from the services of the Library and Archive during your visit are put back into the Museum to help maintain and improve the collection for future generations.