If following sat nav directions please use postcode ME7 1UR or enter “Prince Arthur Road, Gillingham”. The Museum is signposted from most major roads into Medway.
- From London: A2 to Dover (Junction 1) A289, Medway Tunnel, Right Towards Brompton, Right into Prince Arthur Road. Museum is on the right near the top of the road.
- From North of the Thames: M25 – Dartford Crossing, (Junction 2) A2 to Dover then as above.
- From the South West: M25 to Dartford (Junction 5) M26-M20 to Dover/Folkestone, (Junction 5) A229-A230 to Chatham
- From Dover: A2-M2 to London, (Junction 3) A229-A230 to Chatham.
- From Chatham Centre: Take the A231 (Dock Road) to Gillingham, follow the A231 into Wood Street, at the roundabout, turn left at the traffic into Prince Arthur Road (B2004). The entrance to the Museum is on the left.
- From Gillingham Centre: Take the A231 (Brompton Road), turn right at the traffic lights into Prince Arthur Road (B2004).
Many of the Arriva bus services stop at the top of Prince Arthur Road at the King Charles Hotel including the 101 (Maidstone Service), and 182. The 156 stops outside the Museum by Mid Kent College. Please see the Arriva website for more information.
There are direct rail connections from London St Pancras (High Speed Service – 45mins), London Victoria, London Charing Cross, and Dover Priory/ Canterbury. The closest railway stations are Gillingham or Chatham. Please see National Rail Enquiries or Southeastern for full details of train services.
From Gillingham Station, the Museum is a twenty minute walk through the high street to the Museum (sign posted). A taxi rank is available next to the station.
Buses run from both Chatham and Gillingham stations to close to the Museum – please see the Arriva website for more information.