Over the next few months the Museum is undergoing major building and maintenance works. The main Museum is therefore closed to the public until Spring 2017 while the refurbishment takes place, although the Bridge Study Centre is open. During this closed period the Learning Team will be unable to facilitate any educational visits to the Museum. The Learning Team will continue to specialise in providing outreach, learning resources and reminiscence sessions to schools, community groups, residential homes and the like. Outreach visits during the closed period will be charged at half the price of normal cost of an outreach, so just £25 per session per group.
For information please contact: email@example.com
Our Learning Team offers a range of cross curricular ‘Inspiring Learning Sessions’ (for details see Learning Links to right) designed to stimulate interest in not only History but also STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths). Led by experienced museum education staff, the sessions focus on the Royal Engineers Museum’s varied collections and cater for a variety of age groups and provide a hands-on, multi-sensory experience. Your learners will have the opportunity to see, discuss and handle original historical objects, and to undertake creative projects.
- FREE group leader pre-visit, which can include meeting with one of the Learning Team when booked in advance.
- FREE self-led education groups visits, if booked in advance.
- Each 45 minutes ‘Inspiring Learning Sessions’ cost £25 for groups of up to 30 learners.
- Three Inspiring Learning Sessions can be fitted into one day by each group costing a maximum of £75 for up to 30 learners.
- The Museum can accommodate large groups of up to 100 leaners in the building at one time.
- FREE drawing materials and/or gallery trails can be provided for all learning groups, if requested.
- Youth groups, Scouts, Brownies, Guides, Beavers etc. are all welcome after Museum hours (5pm-7pm) with squash and biscuits included in the cost of any ‘Inspiring Learning Sessions’.
Medway schools/ home education groups can join the Royal Engineers Museum’s Learning Membership Scheme for a set fee of £200 for a year (year starts from date of first visit), allowing you access to 10 Inspiring Learning Sessions within the museum for no additional costs.
To book an educational visit please phone or email our Learning Team on01634 822261 or firstname.lastname@example.org To make a booking the Learning Team will need to have the following information:
- Proposed date/s
- Type of visit e.g. self-led or titles of Inspiring Learning Sessions
- Number of learners
- Age of learners
- Name of educational group
- Group leader/teacher contact details
- If you require a space for lunch
If we are unable to answer your call, you can leave a message on our answer phone. Please leave your name, education group name, contact number and/or email address and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Once we have made contact and discussed your visit, you will receive a booking form. Please ensure that you check, complete and return it to guarantee your visit.
Our shop has range of goodies linked to the collections and our ‘Inspiring Learning Sessions’ – we recommend around £3.50 spending money per learner. We can also make goodie bags up for groups in advance, just let us know how much you want to spend.
If you have booked any of our ‘Inspiring Learning Sessions’ your education group will be invoiced at the end of the month you visited during.
Pre-school (0 – 4 years) 1:3
KS1 (aged 4 – 6 years) 1:4
KS2 (aged 7 – 11) 1:6
KS3/4 (aged 11 – 18 years) 1:10